Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thank God For My Broken Rib

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

Isa 13:7 Therefore all hands will be limp, Every man's heart will melt,  8 And they will be afraid. Pangs and sorrows will take hold of them; They will be in pain as a woman in childbirth; They will be amazed at one another; Their faces will be like flames. 9 Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger, To lay the land desolate; And He will destroy its sinners from it.

 

Isaiah continues painting a picture of Judgment Day! Every unbeliever will be filled with terror! Knees, heart, and limbs turned into quivering jelly! Guys who reject Christ, will finally be able to share the experience of the pain of childbirth, only this time there will be no deliverance, just continual labor pains in the bowels of hell.

 

As I write this, I am recovering from a broken rib, and I have a better understanding of “pangs and sorrows” that won’t let go.  For me, right now, every breath is pang filled and I can’t imagine this kind of sharp pain that will never go away.

 

The normal glow of my face is darkened with a continual pained expression as my body reacts to the trauma of the broken rib. And on that day people will look at all who are left behind, and be amazed as all they see is one pained expression after another. Everyone experiencing the same kind of pain.

 

Maybe I should be thanking God for my broken rib, because it is giving me a glimpse of what those who reject Jesus will be experiencing for eternity! Maybe this will give me a higher sense of urgency in living out my faith and sharing the gospel with others.

 

God’s fierce anger will be released on all who trampled on His Son and ignored His grace.

 

Some will say, I don’t or I won’t believe in a God who would inflict such cruel wrath and anger on people. Well, would you believe in a God who chose to pour out that same wrath on His only Son on a hill outside Jerusalem?

 

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment