Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

# 256 Don’t Zero In On Their Faults!


The Book of Genesis

Day 256


Ge 27:36 And Esau said, "Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has supplanted me these two times. He took away my birthright, and now look, he has taken away my blessing!" And he said, "Have you not reserved a blessing for me?" 37 Then Isaac answered and said to Esau, "Indeed I have made him your master, and all his brethren I have given to him as servants; with grain and wine I have sustained him. What shall I do now for you, my son?" 38 And Esau said to his father, "Have you only one blessing, my father? Bless me-me also, O my father!" And Esau lifted up his voice and wept. 39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: "Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, And of the dew of heaven from above. 40 By your sword you shall live, And you shall serve your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, That you shall break his yoke from your neck."

Prophecy is amazing! All these things pronounced upon Esau by Isaac came to pass. Just as Isaac’s blessing let Jacob know what was in store for him, so does his blessing of Esau!

The descendants of Esau  are known as Edomites in the Bible and they indeed did inhabit a rich fertile country to the south of Judah. They were a people who lived by the sword. It was Edom that refused to let Jacob’s descendants pass through their land on their way to the Promised Land. They flat out told them in Nu 20:18, “You shall not pass through my land, lest I come out against you with the sword."

 Later, King Saul would make war against them, and later still, David would actually conquer them, and they would (as the blessing stated) “serve their brother Israel.”

In the end, Edom threw in with Babylon and helped overthrow Judah, and God pronounced a special judgment against them in the days of Ezekiel.  He said in Eze 35:1 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,  2 "Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir (a mountain located in Edom) and prophesy against it,  3 "and say to it, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, O Mount Seir, I am against you; I will stretch out My hand against you, And make you most desolate;  4 I shall lay your cities waste, And you shall be desolate. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.  5 "Because you have had an ancient hatred, and have shed the blood of the children of Israel by the power of the sword at the time of their calamity, when their iniquity came to an end,”

This hatred started here with Esau and was never totally resolved. Esau never did see and come to grips with the fact that God intended the blessing of the firstborn for Jacob all along.The reason he couldn’t see it was because all he could concentrate on was the trickery of Jacob. He and his descendants were never able to let go of that root of bitterness, and in the end it cost them dearly….they became a desolation.

Unforgiveness going on in your life? Stop focusing on the faults of those you choose to not forgive. Rather look for the positive, and let those positive things open the door to dialogue, and let that dialogue lead to forgiveness and restoration through Jesus Christ

No comments :

Post a Comment