Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

# 117 My God Shall Supply

The Book of Genesis Day 117 Ge 14:19 And he blessed him and said: "Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; 20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him a tithe of all. 21 Now the king of Sodom said to Abram, "Give me the persons, and take the goods for yourself." 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have raised my hand to the LORD, God Most High, the Possessor of heaven and earth, 23 "that I will take nothing, from a thread to a sandal strap, and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, 'I have made Abram rich' - 24 "except only what the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men who went with me: Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion." The King of Sodom, who was bailed out by Abram, says, “let me keep my subjects and you can keep all the loot.” But Abram let’s us in on a little secret between him and God. Apparently Abram swore to God that he would not keep a thread or a sandal strap of what he had recaptured. You gotta love the way Abram puts in a plug for God before the King of Sodom. He calls God, the Most High Possessor of heaven and earth!” He was saying, “I don’t need your goods, my God who possesses everything will supply my every need! It is as we read in Php 4:19 concerning the generosity of the church at Philippi, “ And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” One more thing. Abram’s reason for not taking anything except the fair portion due his allies in the rescue mission was so he wouldn’t be beholding to the King of Sodom. Great counsel for all of us. The world will seek to woo us with mammon, but if we look to it, rather than God, (who is the Possessor of heaven and Earth) we set ourselves up for compromise. Always remember another great promise found in Mt 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Pray: Father, help us to have the faith of Abram in this regard. He sought Your kingdom first, let us do the same, knowing that You will add to us whatever is needed.

No comments :

Post a Comment