Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

# 58 A Hackey Sack For Satan

The Book of Genesis Day 58 Ge 4:16 Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. As incredible as it may seem, Cain chooses to leave the presence of the Lord! No more protection from evil. No more check on the sin in his life. Father forgive him, he knows not what he is doing! You probably know people just like him in your own life. People who, for whatever reason, have simply walked away from God. Do you see how important it is, that you pray for such people. If not you, who? If they truly knew the eternal peril they are putting themselves in, they wouldn’t do it! I remember a point in my own life when I made the announcement to my wife, that I was no longer going to attend church. I had been doing a good job of fooling people about my faith but I was tired of the charade and decided to let her know about it. So I walked away from church. (the presence of the Lord if you will.) I had actually walked away from the Lord in my heart many years prior to that, but this announcement made it public. This announcement of mine set off an alarm in my wife’s heart, and she began to pray in earnest. Knowingly or unknowingly, she knew I had become like Cain and opened myself up for all sorts of trouble, as I became what I like to call, “a hackey sack” for the devil. She prayed for my protection and the protection of our family, while praying that God would do whatever it takes in order for me to yearn again for His presence and protection. It was a long, often painful process. There were times when she felt like giving up, but she continued praying, inviting others to do the same. It took seven years, but by God’s grace and an automobile accident, I saw the error of my ways and turned back to Him! Looking back, I can’t believe I would willingly leave the presence of the Lord to be bounced around by Satan, but I did. Others do it too. People you love right now, are being beat up by the devil because they have chosen to turn away from God. Stop denying it! You know who they are! Pray for them unceasingly! Never weary! Intercede on their behalf! You may be their only hope! Reflect: How are you with a hackey sack? Have you ever “walked away from the Lord?” What was that like? What brought you back? Who would you like to see come back to the Lord? Pray for them now! Pray: Lord, how it must pain you to see your children turn away from You. Bring them back by any means, while protecting their loved ones at the same time.

No comments :

Post a Comment