Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

People of Integrity

671- Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:26, “With a blameless man You will show Yourself blameless;” Let's continue looking at these these spiritual laws of cause and effect. Last time we talked about God returning mercy for mercy. Today we are told that with the blameless, God will show Himself blameless. What does it mean for a man to be blameless and how does God show blamelessness to a man? What does that look like? The King James uses the word upright, well that helps define it a little more, but even then I find myself scratching my head and asking “what does it mean for God to show Himself upright? The word upright used for man is a little different than the one used for God. For the man, the Hebrew word means “integrity,” OK now we are getting somewhere. To be a man of integrity is to be a man of truth. So that's our part here. Be truth speaking and acting people. God says if you and I are persons of integrity, then He will show himself upright with us, and the Hebrew word here means “to complete!” Suddenly the richness of these words leap off the pages for me. If I desire God, (the Potter) to complete me, to help me fulfill all that HE created me to be, then I must be a truth speaking and acting person, a person of integrity. Ps 51:6 is a mirror image of this concept, “Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.” The more godly wisdom that God makes known to us, (and remember wisdom is APPLIED knowledge) the more complete we will be. Friend, desire to be the complete person God created you to be! Start with surrendering your life to Christ and then seek to live in truth. Speaking it and acting in it! Oh Lord let me be a man of Your Word and my word.

No comments :

Post a Comment