Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Glitterized!

675- Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:29 "For You are my lamp, O LORD; The LORD shall enlighten my darkness. The Bible is full of references to God as light. 1Jo 1:5b says, “God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.” Jesus made the same claim in Joh 8:12, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."” Most of the time we hitch these likenesses to light to the concept of divine guidance, and rightly so. As the Psalmist says in Ps 119:105, “Your word (the Word of God) is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. But I think David is getting at something a little different here. The word “lamp” as used by David here means glitter. As does the word “enlighten.” let's substitute and see what it sounds like. "For You are my glitter O LORD; The LORD shall glitter my darkness. Do you see the difference? Glitter isn't light but it sparkles as it reflects light. When David faced dark days, he looked to the Lord to “glitterize” him. He looked to the Lord to provide sparkle in the midst of his darkness. There is a phenomena in the ocean known as bioluminescence. It is amazing to observe at sea. In the midst of the darkness of night, the ocean sparkles with light as the ship cuts through the waters. When Jesus said that His followers are the light of the world, He meant that His followers would be “luminous!” As followers of Jesus Christ, we add sparkle to a dark world! We don't sparkle on our own, indeed we can't. We, like David, look to the Lord for His light and then reflect it in the world around us. The more fully yielded we are to the Light of the world, (Jesus) the more fully we will sparkle, not only in our own times of darkness, but in times of darkness in the world around us. Thank You Jesus for being the source of glitter in my life, may I spread it around wherever you have placed me.

No comments :

Post a Comment