Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"You Need To Listen".........God

# 25 – Today's Du-votional comes from 1Sa 2:6 "The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. (1 Sam 2:6) Hannah continues her prayer as she extols God as the Lord and giver of life, and as the one who also carries out the sentence of death. God is a just God and sin brought death into this world and it is God who determines when that sentence is to be carried out. The Psalmist writes: Ps 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. Hannah evidently has been reading her Bible, because in this portion of her prayer she is simply restating De 32:39, 'Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.” When we pray back Scripture as Hannah did, we in effect tell God that we are hearing what He says. I drove by a church the other day that had a sign out front that read. “We Need To Talk”.....God. I think it's time to change that sign to “You Need To Listen”......God. This verse that Hannah quoted needs to be prayed back more than ever in our land today, because apparently we don't believe it. Those who profess to follow Christ need to understand that life and death decisions are in God's hands not our own. Job was right on when he said, “The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD." In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong. (Job 1:21,22) This knowledge should cause us all to pause and consider our attitudes towards birth control, abortion, euthanasia, and assisted suicide. Is He the Lord of life or not? Are we talking at God in our prayer life or are we taking the time to listen to what he has to say?

No comments :

Post a Comment