Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

He Died For Us That We Might Live For Him

# 42 – Today's Du-votional comes from 1Sa 2:27 Then a man of God came to Eli and said to him, "Thus says the LORD: 'Did I not clearly reveal Myself to the house of your father when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house? 28 'Did I not choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be My priest, to offer upon My altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod before Me? And did I not give to the house of your father all the offerings of the children of Israel made by fire? 29 'Why do you kick at My sacrifice and My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling place, and honor your sons more than Me, to make yourselves fat with the best of all the offerings of Israel My people?' (1 Sam 2:27-29) The prophet states God's case against Eli and his sons. Note the phrase, “Did I not clearly reveal Myself.” God's appointment of Aaron and his house to the priesthood, the duties of the priesthood, and the benefits of the priesthood were made perfectly clear. There were no gray areas. So the prophet in effect is telling Eli, “why did you allow the rules to be changed? In so doing you kick at My sacrifice and My offering. “ Remember these Old Testament offerings and sacrifices were all a type of the sacrifice and offering that Jesus would one day make on Calvary for the sins of the world. Therefore, Eli and his sons were in effect despising Jesus. They were kicking Him, trodding Him underfoot. They were more interested in what they could get out of the offering, than what the offering actually accomplished for them. Friend, never forget the sacrifice of Jesus and why He had to die. Heb 9:22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Jesus didn't die to make you and I fat on prosperity, or to live as we please. He shed His blood because it was the only way to pay for our sins. He died for us, that we might live for Him.

No comments :

Post a Comment