Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Foolproof Presence of Christ

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

We’re moving on from the “spiritual gifts” chapter of 1 Corinthians to the “love” chapter. The spiritual gifts chapter is like Jesus showing up and saying, “Yoo hoo, I’m still alive, and so are you church!”

 

And the love chapter is like Jesus showing up and saying, “this is even better proof that I am alive and working in your midst!” This is the “more excellent way to prove my presence in the church!”

 

I think we sometimes forget that the devil is capable of performing signs and wonders and will use them to deceive even the elect as Jesus affirmed in   Mt 24:24 "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

 

What the devil can’t do is love others as God does. God is love, the devil is the opposite. Jesua reminds us that the devil has been and always will be a murderer and a liar.

 

So “love” is the more excellent way to be the witness of the presence of Christ amongst believers.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment