Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Perfect Knowledge

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

 

Isaiah foretells of the descending of the Holy Spirit that rested on Jesus at His baptism. The Holy Spirit who proceeds from the throne of God brings 7 “aspects” with Him. Today we will talk about the sixth “aspect,”  that of “knowledge.”

Jesus had “perfect knowledge,” and by that we mean that He was always fully aware of what the Father was up to. He was always perfectly aligned with the will of God! Father. Joh 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

 

He was One with the Father. Joh 10:30 "I and My Father are one."

 

For instance, He knew, His time was short and that HE would be returning to the Father: Joh 13:3 Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,

 

He knew of the pain and suffering that awaited Him on the cross and HE prayed fervently for another way, but the Father remained steadfast in His plan, His will to save men from their sins, and Jesus armed with perfect knowledge was able to pray in the Garden of Gethsemane, Lu 22:42 "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

 

As believers, you and I have this same Spirit dwelling in us, but our sin blocks the perfect revelation of God from us. God knows what knowledge we need and gives it to us via His Word, but perfect knowledge won’t come until Jesus returns: 1Co 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

I don’t know what life will be like in the new heaven and the new earth, but I do know none of us will be scratching our head as it concerns the will of God!

 

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

 

Full disclosure of the will of God, perfect harmony with the Father! Ever free of  hurt and destruction. Is that something to look forward to or not?

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment