Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

How Meekness Saved A Soul and A Marriage

 


Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

I hope my story will be a help for those who are married to an unbeliever.  It’s a story of a wife who bought into the truths of 1 Peter 3:1-6 and a husband who upon observing her meekness was “won without a word.”

 

Note where meekness comes into play in this passage: “Likewise wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives....when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external....the braiding of hair; the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing....but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a meek and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. (He wants to see it in action!) For this is how the holy women who hoped in God (looked to Him for strength) used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.”

 

Meekness, I can think of no better term to describe my wife as she submitted her strength to God in an attempt to bring me back to Christ. It was power under control. (meekness) In my prodigal years, she could have rightfully said so many things, done so many things in her own strength to get my attention and attempt to straighten me out. (I think she even tried that fruitless route for a while,)  but it wasn't until she let God observe her new found harnessed strength in action that He acted, and He acted because her demonstration of meekness was very precious to Him.

 

Was it easy? No! It took time, but with the help of God she made it through, and I’m here today because of it!

 

Oh yes, blessed are the meek, (those who have put all their strength under the control of God.) Not only will they inherit the earth, but they may even save a soul and a marriage along the way.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word and it’s my story of salvation through meekness.

No comments :

Post a Comment