Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2021

A Telling Remark

 


Let’s continue looking at this prayer of David found in the 143rd Psalm. We pick it up at verse 7:

 

Ps 143:7 Answer me speedily, O LORD;

 

And you thought you were the only one who prays: “I need an answer and I need it now!”

My spirit fails! “I can’t handle this delay!”

 

Do not hide Your face from me,  “Give me something Lord!” Just a glimpse of Your lovingkindness!

 

Lest I be like those who go down into the pit. Oooh, now that’s a telling remark. You do not want to be lumped in with those going to hell. They will never get a glimpse of the Lord again! His face will be hidden from them! They will never, ever taste of anything good for eternity. No glimpses of the goodness of God that come to us in His creation. Those of you who reject Jesus in this life, all I can tell you is enjoy your life now because it is the only good you will ever see again. You, like the rich man, in the parable of Lazarus will beg for quick relief, but it will not be forthcoming. You have made your bed by rejecting Jesus in this life, and now you must lie in it forever.

It doesn’t have to be like that! Listen to the Holy Spirit calling you to Jesus who promises in Joh 6:37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

No comments :

Post a Comment