Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2021

A Morning Prayer

 

   

Ps 143:8 Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You. 9 Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; In You I take shelter. 10 Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. 11 Revive me, O LORD, for Your name's sake! For Your righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. 12 In Your mercy cut off my enemies, And destroy all those who afflict my soul; For I am Your servant.

 

Continuing in the 143rd psalm today and what a way to start your day! It worked for David, why not you?

 

At the start of his day, David asks for a touch of the Lord’s lovingkindness! “Lord kick start my day with Your mercy! Show me the way I should live today! I place my entire being in Your hands, to You O Lord I lift up my soul.

I acknowledge that there is an enemy of my soul who will try and thwart me at every turn from doing Your will. Deliver me from these enemies. Shelter me when I need it.

Holy Spirit teach me to do the Father’s will today. Don’t let me miss a single teachable moment. Lead me! Give me the spiritual energy I will need to follow You for Your righteousness and name’s sake!

Cut off my enemies! Head them off at the pass. Nip all temptations that come my way in the bud.

 

I ask that You do all these things for Your name’s sake that I may serve You today in all my doings. I am Your servant. Here I am Lord, what is it You would have me do!”

No comments :

Post a Comment