Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Prayer For Those Who Are Missing Church


So, how was church today? My church streamed our worship service today and due to my technical deficiencies, we walked in late on line! How embarrassing! We are never late for church!  

This online worship will apparently be the new norm for a while, so I guess we better get used to it. Thankfully, even though we may be home bound….the Word of God is not bound, and we heard a great message about grace from our pastor today. It was very timely, in that during this lockdown and subsequent close living quarters, we are going to have to learn to extend grace  to those very near and dear to us. Sounds like a good training ground for future application!

I just wanted to share a couple of verses with you today, that I came across in my morning devotional time. Both verses seem apropos for the plague we are facing in the world today! The first verse came from Proverbs 22:3, and expresses the wise path of social isolation during this present upheaval!

“A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished.”  Good advice, right?

The second verse is from Ps 142:7 and I would ask that you would pray it with me right now, wherever you are reading this.  Pray it, because even though I am grateful for the opportunity for streaming worship, I miss the fellowship of my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Here it is: “Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Your name.”

Did you pray it? I hope so! Then when God hears our prayer and releases us from this plague, I’ll see you in church!

No comments :

Post a Comment