Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

# 224 Trust God For the Results


The Book of Genesis

Day 224

Ge 24:49 "Now if you will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me. And if not, tell me, that I may turn to the right hand or to the left." 50 Then Laban and Bethuel answered and said, "The thing comes from the LORD; we cannot speak to you either bad or good. 51 "Here is Rebekah before you; take her and go, and let her be your master's son's wife, as the LORD has spoken.”

This servant of Abraham doesn’t mess around does he? He tells the story and asks the father and brother of Rebekah, “Are you in or out?” “Tell me one way or the other, so I can make my next move.”

Wow! This wedding thing is moving along rather quickly! With the testimony of the servant ringing in their ears, Bethuel and Laban reply, “Whether this is good or bad for Rebekah and us, we really don’t know, all we know is that this is from the Lord and I guess we’ll let Him sort that out!”

Pretty good advice for us as well. When all the evidence points to the working of the Lord in your particular situation, and the call to act is placed before you, make sure it is in alignment with the Word of God, and go for it! No need to wring your hands as you try to figure out the outcome. “Will this be a good thing for me or a bad thing?” Face it, you really don’t know! Let the Lord work it out for you, confident that on the long run, it will be good!

This is God’s history! He works things out for good! Just ask Joseph, who was sold into slavery by his brothers! Absolutely everything that happened to Joseph that seemed bad, (indeed was bad,) God used for ultimate good. Speaking to his brothers in Gen 50:20, Joseph said, “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.”

Just ask the Israelites who had received the bad news that they were going to be taken into captivity as we read in Jer 29:10,11, “For thus says the LORD: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

And if you need further proof, listen to the words of Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Will it be good or will it be bad? Don’t let it concern you! Just make sure your actions, (whatever they might be) are in alignment with God’s Word, and let Him take care of the rest….confident that the end result is good!

No comments :

Post a Comment