Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

# 150 Visits From God

The Book of Genesis Day 150 Ge 18:9 Then they said to him, "Where is Sarah your wife?" So he said, "Here, in the tent." 10 And He said, "I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son." (Sarah was listening in the tent door which was behind him.) Wait a minute! How did these three visitors know Sarah’s new name? And what is this talk about a personal return “according to the time of life?” There can be no doubt in Abraham’s mind now as to who he is talking to. He is being visited by the Lord Himself with this good news! The “time of life,” that the Lord was referring to is that time of the month when Sarah would be most likely to conceive. Let’s not miss the importance of this statement. The Lord will visit Sarah and Abraham at the time of conception. He will be there as He was there when you and I were conceived as well. Yes, He is even present at the laboratory procedures now used to bring about new life. He is in the test tube! He is in the petrie dish, and if He says yes, then life will come forth. It was to the prophet Jeremiah that He said, “I knew you BEFORE I formed you (Jer 1:5) To Abraham and the eavesdropping Sarah He said, “I will return to you at the appointed time of the conception of Isaac. I will pull this off as I do all others! God brings forth life when and how He chooses. “I will praise you , for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; my frame was not hidden from you when I was made in secret. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.” (Ps 139:14-16) God is present at each and every creative act of His creatures. He is the ultimate Genetic Engineer. Just about everything you and I are today was put together “at the time of life” at conception! All that was added was time, nutrition, and God’s care. Knowing this, how can we in the church be so apathetic about life issues? How can we ignore such things as the abortifacient qualities of some of our so called “birth control methods?” God visits, but we don’t open the door and we miss out on a blessing from God! God visited Sarah and her time of fertility. He still visits today. If we would meditate on this one simple truth, how different our outlook on life issues would be. Pray: Father, help us to realize anew that life is a gift from You! Help us to be more hospitable when You visit!

No comments :

Post a Comment