Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2017

God Has Given Me A Love For Him and Consequently A Love For His Word

279 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Ti 3:16,17 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16,17) ALL Scripture! Not some! I am so thankful that God made this truth so clear in my own heart. It's been such a blessing to me in my own personal devotional life, but at the same time a curse. (What I mean by that, is this truth has caused me to slow down to a painful pace when I read and study the Scriptures.) Some people read through the Bible in a year, (and that's okay!) I always have good intentions, but then as I set off in an attempt to read it through in it's entirety, I will come upon a word, or a thought and I find myself off on a bunny trail of a cross-reference, or an attempt to grasp the right context, or I'll open up my concordance and find myself chasing down the meaning of a word in the original Hebrew or Greek language. I can't help it! The Holy Spirit has impressed upon me that He doesn't waste words!ALL are important, and I often find myself being driven to discover why! God doesn't waste His breath and many times I think we miss the point in our haste to read for the sake of reading. Jesus even said that punctuation marks are of eternal value! Mt 5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. I have been doing these “devotionals” on a daily basis since 1988, many times just focusing in on one word, I tend to go slow and easy because I believe ALL of the Words of God are important! I personally don't want to miss a thing! God has allowed me to share these devotions with the listeners of WEMI and with the congregation of Living Word Lutheran Church through the years. I have gone verse by verse through Genesis, Deuteronomy, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Chronicles, Malachi, Mathew, Mark, John, Acts, James, 1 and 2 Peter, Revelation, and 1 and 2 Timothy. It took me more than a year of Sundays to preach through the Book of Romans and a full year to preach through the Sermon on the Mount! But, honestly, I haven't even scratched the surface! There is so much more to dig into and chew on in the Word of God. Every syllable God-breathed rich and useful! Oh how rich is the language of God! I can hardly wait to get started on another Book! Ps 119:97 says it best for me, “Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.”

No comments :

Post a Comment