Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Fundamental truth

278 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Ti 3:16,17 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim 3:16,17) I don't know when I read this verse for the first time. All I know is it became one of the most important verses for me as a returning prodigal child of God. It is the first verse I memorized, when by the grace of God, Jesus invited me back intro the kingdom! The Holy Spirit seemed to be impressing upon my heart this foundational truth that I needed to believe if I were going to work through matters of faith. “ALL scripture is given by the inspiration of God!” I can't pick and choose what I will believe about what is written in these pages, I must believe it all! If I'm going to go all in with Jesus, I need to go all in with His Words as well! After all. if I am able to discard or discount things written in the Bible, then how do I know that Eph 2:8,9 is a trustful saying? Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.” Or for that matter Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” By God's grace, I believe these verses and by God-granted faith I believe that the Holy Spirit has written every word found in the pages of the Bible! 2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Once that is settled, the pages of the Bible begin to become more than blurred words on paper. They become absolute truth in my heart! Though the devil may try to convince me that there are contradictions..... (“Did God really say?”) I am able to respond with certainty, “Yes He did, for it is written” Will I understand it all perfectly? Of course not! Not this side of heaven, but I will understand what the Holy Spirit wants me to understand and that's all that matters. He will shed light where it needs to be shed and withhold it when it needs to be withheld. I need not fret or wring my hands about that which I do not understand. It doesn't change the fact that ALL Scripture is God-breathed!

No comments :

Post a Comment