Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Did I Hear You Right?

471 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 2Sa 7:25-29, “Now, O LORD God, the word which You have spoken concerning Your servant and concerning his house, establish it forever and do as You have said. 26 "So let Your name be magnified forever, saying, 'The LORD of hosts is the God over Israel.' And let the house of Your servant David be established before You. 27 "For You, O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, have revealed this to Your servant, saying, 'I will build you a house.' Therefore Your servant has found it in his heart to pray this prayer to You. 28 "And now, O Lord GOD, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant. 29 "Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue forever before You; for You, O Lord GOD, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever." (2 Sam 7:25-29) Doesn't this prayer of David's strike you as being redundant? He keeps repeating his grounds for giving thanks over and over and over. It's almost like he is trying to convince himself that what God has spoken to him through Nathan is really true. His prayer centers around the promise of God delivered to him through the prophet Nathan. We might rewrite it in this fashion. “OK God, You have made this promise to me and my house, now let it be done! You spoke it to me and now it has given me the courage to come before You with this prayer. Here's my prayer, “did I hear You right?” Your Word, (which is truth) has stated that my house, (my family) will continue ever before You? Oh God, if that's what You said, let it come to pass! Do you see the value in praying in this manner? God's Word contains over 3,000 specific promises. If you read God's Word and meditate on it, you will eventually stumble upon some of these promises. Some of them will make you feel like David felt. The promise will seem too good to be true. Your spirit will say something like, “You'd do that for me Lord?” And then like David, repeat the promise. Ask God, did I hear You right?” Here's a brief example. “God You said that You loved the world so much that You gave us Your Son, and that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have eternal life! Did I hear that right? You mean that You would do that for a sinner like me? Then let it be done for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment