Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Give Me Faith To Have Faith

# 370 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 27:1-3, “And David said in his heart, "Now I shall perish someday by the hand of Saul. There is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape to the land of the Philistines; and Saul will despair of me, to seek me anymore in any part of Israel. So I shall escape out of his hand." 2 Then David arose and went over with the six hundred men who were with him to Achish the son of Maoch, king of Gath. 3 So David dwelt with Achish at Gath, he and his men, each man with his household, and David with his two wives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the Carmelitess, Nabal's widow. Trust in God and His Word is such a fragile thing. David, perhaps wearied from the chase, begins to ponder his situation from his view rather than God's perspective. The flesh would say, “why keep putting up with these harrowing circumstances, let me out of here!” David, like so many of us would do, has forgotten God's track record of miraculous deliverance, and has conveniently forgotten the words of the prophet Gad, spoken in 1Sa 22:5 telling him to stay in Judah. Now the prophet Gad said to David, "Do not stay in the stronghold; depart, and go to the land of Judah." Stay David, God is not going to give you more than you can handle! Some of you right now are in situations where you are waiting for God to act on your behalf. You, like David are mulling over your options from the perspective of your flesh rather than God's perspective. It's a very real struggle and the truth is, you need some help with your faith. This is the time we need to come to Jesus like the father who struggled with believing that Jesus could deliver his son in Mr 9:24 and he cried, “I believe! Help my unbelief!” The father got it right. Even our faith to have faith comes from God! God! Help my lack of faith! The word “help” here comes from a word that means “to dig a ditch.” I get the picture of a ditch relieving pressure by diverting water flow. So as we struggle with the pressures of life, we pray God, dig a ditch that will allow Your grace to come to me and strengthen my faith. Give me faith to have faith. A good prayer to remember before we make hasty decisions on our own.

No comments :

Post a Comment