Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2014

You CAN Lose Your Salvation

# 383 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 1Sa 28:15-18 Now Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?" And Saul answered, "I am deeply distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God has departed from me and does not answer me anymore, neither by prophets nor by dreams. Therefore I have called you, that you may reveal to me what I should do." 16 Then Samuel said: "Why then do you ask me, seeing the LORD has departed from you and has become your enemy? 17 "And the LORD has done for Himself as He spoke by me. For the LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hand and given it to your neighbor, David. 18 "Because you did not obey the voice of the LORD nor execute His fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore the LORD has done this thing to you this day. ( 1 Sam 28:15-18) It is at this point that God exercises His Sovereignty in the situation. The familiar spirit becomes nothing but God's mouthpiece to Saul. Don't be surprised that God is able to do this. We read of Jesus' power over demons tongues in Mr 1:34, “Then He healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons; and He did not allow the demons to speak, because they knew Him.” And in Lu 10:17, we read, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." So why doesn't God put them under His control all the time? I have no answer for that question. But I do view these isolated examples in Scripture as further evidence that God is ultimately in control. Evil will not win out in the end. And it would be wise for us to listen to what God speaks to Saul through this familiar spirit. The Lord is capable of tearing the kingdom from us through our obstinate disobedience, which springs from a lack of true faith in Jesus Christ. We can lose our salvation! 1Ti 4:1says, “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,” God, help us to finish the race, guard us from deceiving spirits and let us continually look to Your truth, trusting Jesus to gain the final victory over death and the devil.

No comments :

Post a Comment