Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2013

Reeking With Humility

# 261 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 18:18 “So David said to Saul, "Who am I, and what is my life or my father's family in Israel, that I should be son-in-law to the king?" “Who am I and what is my life?” These are words that the Lord loves to hear from the hearts of men. They open the floodgates of grace! When spoken from the heart they are a picture of true humility. It's not the only time that David uttered these words. In 2Sa 7:18, after Nathan had reaffirmed God's steadfast love toward David, in spite of all that had transpired in David's life, he went in and sat before the Lord and said, “Who am I, O Lord GOD? And what is my house, that You have brought me this far?” And again in Ps 8:4, he penned these words, “What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?” And again in Ps 144:3 LORD, what is man, that You take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him? And in Job 7:17 "What is man, that You should exalt him, That You should set Your heart on him, These passages reek with humility, and this humility served David and Job well, and rightly so since it is humility that unleashes God's grace in our lives. James 4:6 says, “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." Maybe we should spend a little less time with our wish lists that we bring before God, and a little more time expressing our gratitude to God for the blessings he has given us. Blessings that we clearly do not deserve. “Who am I Lord and what is my life, that you should be mindful of me? Let's allow those words to soak in the next time we spend some time at the feet of Jesus Sinner that I am dear Lord, how is it that there is still a place in Your mind for me? Blessed be You O Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment