Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Prayer For Spiritual Warfare

# 269 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 19:11,12, “Saul also sent messengers to David's house to watch him and to kill him in the morning. And Michal, David's wife, told him, saying, "If you do not save your life tonight, tomorrow you will be killed." 12 So Michal let David down through a window. And he went and fled and escaped.” (1 Sam 19:11,12) Saul, consumed with envy now sends messengers, (the Hebrew word means deputies) to David's house to watch him so we won't escape and to kill him come morning light. Michal, (Saul's daughter and David's wife gets wind of the plot and warns David to flee. She let's David down through a window and he escapes, but not before praying a prayer that has been preserved for us in the 59th Psalm. The messengers sent by Saul and his attempts at murdering David are meant to be a picture for you and I of spiritual warfare. The devil and his demons are out to get us. It is their mission to destroy our souls and take us to hell with them. We would do well to pray this Psalm as David did when the enemy surrounds us growling like a dog and belching out lies against us. Pray it with me now. And remember, we are not wrestling against flesh and blood. Ps 59:1>> Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; Defend me from those who rise up against me. 2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, And save me from bloodthirsty men. 3 For look, they lie in wait for my life; The mighty gather against me, Not for my transgression nor for my sin, O LORD. 4 They run and prepare themselves through no fault of mine. Awake to help me, and behold! 5 You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, Awake to punish all the nations; Do not be merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah 6 At evening they return, They growl like a dog, And go all around the city. 7 Indeed, they belch with their mouth; Swords are in their lips; For they say, "Who hears?" 8 But You, O LORD, shall laugh at them; You shall have all the nations in derision. 9 I will wait for You, O You his Strength; For God is my defense; In Jesus name, Amen

No comments :

Post a Comment