Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Gift of the Holy Spirit

# 232 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 16:12,13, “So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!" 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah. (1 Sam 16:12,13) He was ruddy. That's a term you don't hear very often. It basically means he was a redhead. This was a big day for the shepherd boy. It was the day the Holy Spirit came upon him to equip him for the tasks that lay before Him. I don't care what you believe about when the Holy Spirit arrived in your life....it's a big day for you too. Because you too become equipped for the tasks that lay before you as a member of the Body of Christ. Listen to what the Holy Spirit says about this day in Ps 89:20-24, “ I have found My servant David; With My holy oil I have anointed him, 21 With whom My hand shall be established; Also My arm shall strengthen him. 22 The enemy shall not outwit him, Nor the son of wickedness afflict him. 23 I will beat down his foes before his face, And plague those who hate him. 24 "But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him, And in My name his horn shall be exalted. God promises strength through the Holy Spirit. He promises guile to outwit the enemy who comes at us with his weapons of doubt, accusations, and lies. He promises protection from affliction, (the devil can only afflict as far as God allows) God will let His Holy Spirit filled people experience victory over the devil, and set up obstacles in the enemies attacks. (Oh if we could but see the spiritual battles that God takes up on our behalf! Thank You Jesus!) The Holy Spirit brings God's faithfulness and mercy and strength with Him. What more do we need? This same Holy Spirit desires to work in all believers. Thank God for this wonderful gift! Don't grieve Him! Work with Him, don't neglect Him. Foster your relationship with Him through hearing and doing the Word of God.

No comments :

Post a Comment