Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Who's Your King?

# 135 – Today's Du-votional comes from 1Sa 10:19a "But you have today rejected your God, who Himself saved you from all your adversities and your tribulations; and you have said to Him, 'No, set a king over us!' (1 Sam 10:19a) God, speaking through Samuel tells the people what they have really done in their demand to have a king like all the other nations. They have rejected (cast off) the spiritual protection of God, for the protection of the flesh. They have opted for government by the flesh rather than government by the Spirit. Seriously? Well, I'd better not start throwing rocks at them, lest my own glass house be shattered. How often do I do the same thing. How often do I cast off the governance of God in my life and allow my flesh to rule. When will I learn the truth of Zec 4:6b, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts. I know better of course, but when the enemy comes against me, I often panic, and look for solutions offered by my flesh, the world, and yes, even the devil. This is what prompted the people to ask for a king to rule. Panic. We read of it in 1Sa 12:12 "And when you saw that Nahash king of the Ammonites came against you, you said to me, 'No, but a king shall reign over us,' when the LORD your God was your king.” Is panic rearing it's ugly head in your life? Perhaps, it's an unplanned pregnancy, and the devil and the world are offering a solution at the abortion clinic. Hang in there! Keep trusting God. He will help you through the situation. Rocky marriage? Don't fall for the world's solution. Don't let King Divorce rule. Hang in there and fight for your marriage, relying on the Spirit of God and the sword of the Spirit, (His Word) to help you through it. Father, today, be King in my life. Help me cling to Your rule rather than the rule of the world, my flesh, or the devil.

No comments :

Post a Comment