Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

NBA Player or King

# 138 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 10:23,24 So they ran and brought him from there; and when he stood among the people, he was taller than any of the people from his shoulders upward. 24 And Samuel said to all the people, "Do you see him whom the LORD has chosen, that there is no one like him among all the people?" So all the people shouted and said, "Long live the king!" (1 Sam 10:23,24) There was no greater physical specimen to serve as king in all of Israel than Saul. He was head and shoulders above all other men. Let me ask you a question. How did he get that tall? Was it something that he ate? Did his parents tie him to a rack everyday hoping to stretch him out. (Maybe they were thinking of a lucrative contract in the NBA for their son) No, he got that tall because God made him that tall. Ps 139:13 reminds us, “ For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. 14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” Please pause and consider the implications here. God had a plan for Saul even before he was conceived. He needed him to be tall and handsome, so God made him tall and handsome. Consider the prophet Jeremiah: Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." God had a plan! Then, there's Esther, Es 4:14b "who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" God had a plan! He has a plan for you too! And He has plans for your prospective children as well as we read in Eph 2:10, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Think of the implications here and learn to trust God for His plans for life.

No comments :

Post a Comment