Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Importance of Being made Aware of Sin

# 470 - Today's Living Word comes from: Mr 7:21-23 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."


As we wrap up this section of Scripture I pray that we all have a better understanding of what these “evil things” are that defile a man. It is far too easy to read these lists of evil things and gloss over them because they are words that have lost their true meaning. They just don't “compute” with our intellect. When we do that, we often fall into the trap of thinking that they are archaic and don't apply to us.

But there is nothing archaic about sin. And I don't know about you, but as I seek to understand the real meaning of these terms, I find that there is no escaping the fact that I am a sinner in desperate need of a Savior. It's at times like these, that the Holy Spirit moves me to the place of the publican who stood in the back of the temple beating his breast and praying. “God have mercy on me...a sinner.” And the Good News is He will.

As Jesus said in Lu 18:14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

That's where I want to be.....justified! How about you?

I'm Duane Matz and that's Today's Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment