Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2024

Cooper and A Lesson On Mercy

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Ps 123:2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the LORD our God, Until He has mercy on us.

 

I have a ritual that I go through every night after supper with our dog Cooper. I have him sit in front of me and tell him to look at me. After we lock eyes, I toss a treat on the floor, but he is not allowed to go after it until I tell him it’s okay. His pleading brown doodle eyes remain fixed on me, awaiting the green light of mercy from his master.

 

Honestly, I think it’s harder on me than on him! I can read his gaze and when I can no longer stand it, I say “Okay.” And he immediately finds it and wolfs it down.

 

The parallels between this verse and my little trick with Cooper are obvious.

 

Perhaps you are in a situation where you have been needing a little mercy from God. Lock your eyes in on Jesus. Be patient! He knows your need and feels your want and He will give you that mercy when you need it.

 

The “okay” is coming and it will always align with His commands. Watch for it and be ready to move when He gives you the green light. In the meantime, be still and know that He is God.

 

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment