Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2022

It's About Clarity

 

 

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

I’m still here! Just have a lot on my plate with Bible Study prep work and filling in an air shift at The Family radio station. But today as I was doing my morning devotion, I feel compelled to speak.

 

I want to address the matter of sugar-coated preaching and teaching from the Word of God. I know I am guilty of it often for fear of stepping on toes. Sometimes we preachers have a tendency to dance all around sin without getting specific, lest we “offend” anyone! We speak in generalities that miss the mark, and the fluff we substitute for the Word of God, gets carried away by the winds of culture.

 

Listen to what the Lord says through the prophet Isaiah in Isa 58:1 "Cry aloud, spare not; Lift up your voice like a trumpet; Tell My people their transgression, And the house of Jacob their sins.

 

The trumpet is not about noise, it’s about clarity. Spell it out! Plainly, clearly. Call sin…sin, so that people have something specific to repent of, something to have “godly sorrow” over. 2Co 7:10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted;

 

Give people something that clearly needs to be repented of, and open the door to the clarion call of repentance that leads to salvation through the forgiveness of sins through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

 

The Law and the Gospel are not generalities. They are specific for each one of us. Eze 18:20 "The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

 

It’s not about noise….it’s about clarity!

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment