Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2022

Hearing from the Holy Spirit

  

Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

The question was asked of me earlier this week, “What do I have to do to hear from God? How does the Holy Spirit speak to us? The short answer is, “through His Word….the Bible.

 This morning, while reading in Isaiah chapter 50, I think we get some helpful advice in that regard. What are some things that that can help us hear the Holy Spirit more clearly?

 

First of all, God is looking for men (and women) of courage. Isa 50:2 says, “Why, when I came, was there no man? Why, when I called, was there none to answer?

 

He’s looking for courage and loyalty! 2Ch 16:9 "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

 

Courage is a direct product of conviction. If you are convinced of a truth, courage to act will follow. (Thy Word is truth! Jn 17:17)

Secondly, you must make time to get into the Word. You gotta read the Bible! Make it a regular habit!

 

Isa 50:4 "The Lord GOD has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear To hear as the learned. 5 The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, Nor did I turn away.

 

But you must do more than read…you must trust and obey it. Don’t rebel against what God says in His Word and don’t turn away from it. And we’re back to courage again aren’t we?

 

This is not the complete word on “how to hear from the Holy Spirit,” but it’s a start, and I encourage you to begin ASAP.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment