Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2022

My Birthday Prayer

 

 

Almighty God, my Maker and Redeemer. I will praise you because 75 years and 9 months ago, you fearfully and wonderfully  crafted me in my mother’s womb. I give you thanks for Your protection through the years. You have delivered me from all sorts of physical maladies and diseases. You kept me through the ordeal of a ruptured appendix, you spared me from a critical bout with Covid, and I don’t know the half of what you spared me from in the foolish days of my youth.

 

But You not only made me and kept me,  You redeemed me. You bought back my soul through the precious blood of Your only Son, Jesus Christ. Even when I played the prodigal, Jesus left the ninety nine for the one and He rescued me from the very precipice of hell!

 

I will praise You because You daily invite me to confess my sins and receive Your bountiful forgiveness through Your infinite mercy.

 

I will praise You for the gift of the Holy Spirit who resides in me and ever seeks to teach and counsel me, leading me to seek to do Your loving will, and helping me to be an ever thankful and obedient seeking son.

 

I pray that by Your grace You will continue to lead the way unto that day when I come into Your presence through Your gift of faith in Jesus Christ.

 

I pray that those who may read or hear this prayer, will be drawn unto You and with thankful hearts receive Your saving grace into their hearts, that they too may have the joy and peace of a new life in Christ.

 

In His name I pray, Amen

No comments :

Post a Comment