Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

In Search of Truth?

 


Good day! I’m Duane Matz and this is Today’s Living Word:

 

I find myself thinking about truth today. It seems to me that we in the church have a golden opportunity set before us. People are tired of being bombarded with all the versions of truth being tossed out by the national news outlets and social media. Many find themselves musing with Pontius Pilate, “What is truth.”

Well, Pilate truth is not “what.” It is not defined by “what” you want it to be, it is wrapped up in the God-man Jesus Christ, who said in  Joh 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

 

The truth is there is an afterlife. There IS a heaven and there IS a hell, and you don’t want to spend eternity in the latter where there will be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth forever and ever and ever.

 

Here’s the thing, there is no way I can convince you of that truth, or any of the other truths of Scripture, that is the work of God and the Holy Spirit alone. All I can do is proclaim the Scriptures to you, and seek to live those truths out before you. I can only repeat the words that God has preserved in the Holy Bible and pray that the faith that comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God will come to you!

I seek to speak the truth in love, praying the Holy Spirit will help you grasp it because when you do, you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!

This entire devotion today was prompted by the hymn I sang in my morning devotion today. The hymn is entitled “Our God To Whom We Turn,” and the second verse really stood out to me. It goes like this:

 

 Thou art thyself the truth;
Though we, who fain would find thee,
Have tried, with thoughts uncouth,
In feeble words to bind thee,
It is because thou art
We're drive to the quest;
Till truth from falsehood part
Our souls can find no rest.

 

May these words bring faith to your heart, that your soul may find rest!

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment