Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2021

I Will Not Ask = I Will Not Pray

 

   

Isa 7:10 Moreover the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying,  11 "Ask a sign for yourself from the LORD your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above." 12 But Ahaz said, "I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!"

 

 “I will not ask.” It’s just another way of saying, “I will not pray. Asking is not the only facet of praying but it is a major one.  Let me give you a small sampling of what the Bible says about asking:

2Ch 1:7 On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, "Ask! What shall I give you?"

 Mt 7:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

 Mt 21:22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

 Joh 14:14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

 Eph 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

 1Jo 5:15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

A refusal to petition God is an admission of a lack of faith in God: Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

 

The spirit of Ahaz, the spirit of, “I will not ask,” is very much alive in our world today. How often have you heard someone say, “You are in my thoughts, but avoid at all costs adding, “and in my prayers.” Sometimes it almost seems that they take great pains not to say the “P” word!

 

Thanks for your thoughts, but your thoughts are powerless. I need you to ask El Shama, the God who hears, to step into my situation. If you have any thoughts concerning me, let them be in the form of a prayer to the only One who can do something about my need.

 

When an unbelieving acquaintance of yours needs divine intervention. Certainly, let them know you are thinking about them, but also let them know that when you think, you pray!

No comments :

Post a Comment