Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2021

A Three Word Prayer To Start Your Day

 


Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

“Also….oh by the way, as I was in the midst of all this display of holiness, broken by my sin, and assured of my forgiveness, I overheard the Lord speaking either to the Seraphim or the other two members of the Trinity, “whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

 

That’s my first question, “who is the Us?” Most likely the “Us” is the other members of the Trinity, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost,  who have showed up in other similar conversations, specifically in the Book of Genesis: Ge 1:26 says, “Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;”

So, are we made in the image of Seraphim, or the image of God?  The answer is obvious and points to the existence of the Trinity.

Then there’s Ge 3:22, “Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.

 

Only God knows the dividing line between good and evil, again this points to the existence of the Trinity.

At any rate, Isaiah jumps into the holy conversation and volunteers for the mission! He utters the three words that all followers of Jesus would do well to have ready on their lips. “Here am I!” Think of the saints that have gone on before you and the number of them who responded in like fashion to the call of God! Abraham, Moses, Samuel, and Ananias in the New Testament.

 

This is the three word prayer that sums up the call to action in Ro 12:1, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.”

 

Isaiah, cleansed by the mercy of God, eagerly presents himself as a living sacrifice to God. He viewed it as a reasonable service. In light of what God has forgiven you and I, shouldn’t we do likewise?

A daily prayer of “here I am Lord, what will you have me to do,” will open up amazing opportunities to be used by God in His kingdom and for His glory.

Look for them and respond in the name of Jesus. You will, as the late Dr. Bob Cook would say,” walk with the King and be a blessing.”

No comments :

Post a Comment