Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2021

The Vineyard Song Part 3

 


Isa 5:5 And now, please let Me tell you what I will do to My vineyard: I will take away its hedge, and it shall be burned; And break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down. 6 I will lay it waste; It shall not be pruned or dug, But there shall come up briers and thorns. I will also command the clouds That they rain no rain on it." 7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel, And the men of Judah are His pleasant plant. He looked for justice, but behold, oppression; For righteousness, but behold, a cry for help.

 

The word “keep” is not found anywhere in our text today, but I’m going to talk about it anyway.  The word “keep” in Scripture almost always carries with it the idea of treasuring something so much that you put a hedge around it to protect it. For instance, to “keep” the Commandments, is to treasure them, and of course if you treasure them, you will desire to obey them and you will have godly sorrow over the times you fail.

 

God’s commandments are all about doing the right thing! Behaving the right way toward your fellow man, and toward God. The people in the day of Isaiah did not act justly toward others or live in righteous fashion, so God says,

“If you won’t “keep My commandments (treasure them) then I will “take away the hedge,” I will no longer “keep” you. I will break down the wall! The devil, the world, and your flesh will have easy access. They will come and go as they please  and trample you down!”

 

“I will no longer work up the soil or prune you, (Read that, “I will close your spiritual ears of the understanding of My Word. This is what God would later tell Isaiah in Isa 6:9 And He said, "Go, and tell this people: 'Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.'

In addition, “the cares of this world, (briers and thorns) will crowd out my Word.”

Finally, I will turn off the sprinkler. I will withhold rain; I will turn off the flow of My Holy Spirit.”

It’s classic judgement from God, where He basically removes His restraints and gives us over to our flesh, the world, and consequently the devil. We are reminded of this in Ro 1:24. The people no longer glorified God or give Him thanks and so: “Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,”

 

“God gave them up.” He did it in the days of Isaiah and historically He has consistently given His people over to their own ways when His judgment falls. Know this beloved! Beware of it beloved, and ever remain vigilant in worshiping, thanking, and glorifying God in all you do!

It is a terrible thing when God removes His hedge of protection from His precious vineyard. (The church) The prophetic Word is muted and the world, flesh, and the devil infiltrate the church with their compromising doctrines. It’s as if there is no difference between the world and the church. STAND ON THE WORD! Jesus said in Mt 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

No comments :

Post a Comment