Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

This Needs To Be Said


I was looking at the latest death toll figures from the Covid 19 pandemic in the United States this morning, and according to the article I was reading, the peak day occurred on April 15th when 2806 people died from the virus in the United States. If that rate would continue for a year, over a million lives will be lost! That is a shocking statistic. Imagine if a cure is just not out there. Imagine this plague continuing for the next 47 years! That would result in the deaths of over 48 million people! Mind blowing!
As tragic as that figure may be, let us consider that in the past 47 years since the legalization of abortion in the United States, over 61 million unborn children have lost their lives to legalized abortion! Where is the daily tally of this tragic death toll on the national news?

The Word of God has much to say about the sanctity of life. Child sacrifice has always been considered an abomination to the Lord and a profaning of His Name. Listen to what God said to Moses concerning sacrificing children to Molech in  Lev 20:1-5, “Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
 2 "Again, you shall say to the children of Israel: 'Whoever of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell in Israel, who gives any of his descendants to Molech, he shall surely be put to death. The people of the land shall stone him with stones.
 3 'I will set My face against that man, and will cut him off from his people, because he has given some of his descendants to Molech, to defile My sanctuary and profane My holy name.
 4 'And if the people of the land should in any way hide their eyes from the man, when he gives some of his descendants to Molech, and they do not kill him,
 5 'then I will set My face against that man and against his family; and I will cut him off from his people, and all who prostitute themselves with him to commit harlotry with Molech.

Sounds to me like God takes this matter of child sacrifice very, very, seriously! He even calls the people out for “looking the other way” while the practice continued in the land!

Thankfully God also takes the death of His Son Jesus Christ very seriously!  That death was the payment for every sin ever committed, or that will be committed in this world. There is no sin, that Jesus did not pay for on the cross, yes even the sin of abortion and our apathy toward it.

Let’s wake up church, lest God turn His face away from us and our children. (v5)

There is a remedy!

2Ch 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Here’s an old hymn for those struggling with the guilt of their sins:

1 I lay my sins on Jesus,
the spotless Lamb of God;
he bears them all, and frees us
from the accursed load:
I bring my guilt to Jesus,
to wash my crimson stains
white in his blood most precious,
'til not a spot remains.

Believe it beloved and be set free!

No comments :

Post a Comment