Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

# 303 A.C.T.S. II


The Book of Genesis

Day 303


Ge 32:9 Then Jacob said, "O God of my father Abraham and God of my father Isaac, the LORD who said to me, 'Return to your country and to your family, and I will deal well with you':  10 "I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies and of all the truth which You have shown Your servant; for I crossed over this Jordan with my staff, and now I have become two companies.  11 "Deliver me, I pray, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau; for I fear him, lest he come and attack me and the mother with the children.  12 "For You said, 'I will surely treat you well, and make your descendants as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbered for multitude.'"

I want to spend one more day on this prayer of Jacob’s because it is a classic example of the A.C.T.S. method of praying. (Adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and Supplication.)

Jacob’s prayer was prompted by fear. Esau was approaching with 400 armed men and he needed help, so he turned to the only One who could help him.

What kind of fearful situation are you facing today? Is it a relational problem? A financial concern? A health concern? A problem brought on by sin? (Yours or someone close to you) Whatever your problem, take it to the Lord wrapped in this basic formula.

Begin by adoring God. Call Him by names that are descriptive of His character as revealed to you. Names like, Almighty, merciful, all knowing, all powerful and so on.

Next humbly admit that you are not worthy. You are a sinner, and at this point confess your sins and receive God’s forgiveness per 1Jo 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Then start thanking Him for the blessings received from Him.

Finally, bring your petitions to Him. State your fears and include reasons from His Word, by which you believe He will answer your prayer! Appeal to the track record and promises found in His Word.  God put them in His Word for such a time as this for you and me, put them to use! You won’t surprise Him or irritate Him with your request, in fact, on the contrary, you will gladden His Father’s heart!

Adore! Confess! Give Thanks! Make Supplication! A.C.T.S.

No comments :

Post a Comment