Search This Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the United States of America and want to share a thought on thankfulness today. But before I do, let me say that I am extremely thankful for those of you who take the time to read my blog on a regular basis. According to the statistical readout this blog has been viewed by many in the United States and around the world! Would you do me a favor? Sometime in the near future would you drop me a line at duanematz122@msn.com and tell me a little bit about yourself. I'd love to hear your story and how you found the blog! Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving! One day of the year which we have set aside in our nation to give thanks to God. Wow! Aren't we something special! A day that has been gobbled up with massive tradition laden meals , football games, dreams of shopping deals on the morrow, and oh yes, maybe.....maybe a table prayer that mentions God, or more likely a list of things and people that we are thankful for. Believe it or not, I don't have a problem with that. Please, enjoy all these good things that God allows us to have! I know I will! But would you at least consider this. Would you consider making a thanksgiving resolution today? No need to declare it at the table, or make an announcement during halftime, just a quiet resolution between you and the Lord to become a thankful person on a daily basis for the next year. Ps 54:6b,7 says, “I will give thanks to Your name O Lord, for it is good. For He has delivered me from every trouble, and my eye has looked in triumph on my enemies.” There's your resolution. “I WILL give thanks.” Why? Because God is good, and even when it doesn't appear that way, we have His promise that “all things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to His purpose,” (Rom 8:28) Further we read that He has delivered us from every trouble. That doesn't mean that He removes trouble, it means that He delivers us through our troubles. He gives us what we need to cope and endure. Is that not reason enough to thank Him on a daily basis? Who knows what lies ahead today, tomorrow, or in the year to come? And finally, as you daily give thanks to God for His gift of Jesus, and daily come to Him confessing your sins and receiving His forgiveness, your “eye will look in triumph on your enemies.” No, your enemy is not that family member or neighbor or co-worker that you just can't seem to get along with. Your enemies are the world, your flesh and the devil, who all desire to separate you from the love of God. And in the coming year, if you keep your thanksgiving resolution, and daily confess your sins, receiving God's forgiveness and asking His help for victory over sin in your life, I guarantee you, that your eye will see victory over your enemies. This is the key to the preservation of your soul, and when all is said and done, if it is well with our soul, all we can say is “Thanks Lord!”

No comments :

Post a Comment