Search This Blog

Monday, June 5, 2017

God Will Not Abandon You

304 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Ti 4:17,18) But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. And I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! (2 Ti 4:17,18) Though everyone else had abandoned Paul at his first trial the Lord stood with him and strengthened him. Beloved, this portion of Timothy is truly one of the most comforting in all of Scripture. Paul is facing a martyrs death at this trial and the Lord literally fulfilled promises of help for him as needed. What is your need today? What trial are you facing? You like Paul, can count on the Lord standing with you and strengthening you in your hour of need. The Lord showing up at Paul's trial is concrete proof of texts like these: Joh 14:18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” In Heb 13:5, we find this assurance: “For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." In Isa 49:15, we read: "Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you.” In Ps 27:10, “ When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me.” Ps 46:1 reminds us that “ God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.” And for those times we struggle for the right words to say, our Holy Attorney, the Holy Spirit, even supplies what is needed for the hour as we read in Lu 12:11,12, “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 "For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say." May these words be a source of encouragement for you today for your present circumstances, and may the Holy Spirit call them to mind when and however you may need them. God will not abandon you in your hour of need! He who began that good work in you will be faithful to complete it!

No comments :

Post a Comment