Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2017

A New Beginning

Today, I begin my retirement from radio broadcasting. 40 years of broadcasting with 25 of those being in Christian radio. I have been privileged in those 25 years to write, and share a devotional thought on the airwaves during my air shift. I have gone verse by verse through many books of the Bible and the Lord has used my time in the Word to help grow my faith, and I hope the faith of others. So what do I do now? For starters, I will be fasting and praying for the Lord's direction. This is what Ezra did as he sought direction for himself and his family. We read about it in Ezr 8:21 "Then I proclaimed a fast there at the river of Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God, to seek from Him the right way for us and our little ones and all our possessions." Retirement is like that river Ahava. It brings many questions to my mind? Should I continue this blog? Should I put all these past devotionals into the form of a book? Should I seek preaching and speaking engagements? As "spiritual" as these questions seem, I have learned they are really of the flesh, and the only way to solve the dilemma of "next steps" is to fast, pray, and WAIT on the Lord. I would also appreciate your prayers for me during this period and hope that you will continue to check in on my blog site. I can't promise a daily devotional, but I can promise that I will post as the Lord leads and provides. Still amazed by His grace, Duane

2 comments :

  1. I loved listening to your Prime Time Devo segment during the Going Home show on my way home of course from work :). I looked forward to hearing you explain God's Word, word for word so eloquently to help me understand.

    I stumbled upon your blog only recently, when I was listening on the radio, and one of your Prime Time Devo's was particularly powerful advice for an issue we are having with one of our adult daughters, and I reached out to the Family through Facebook to ask for a transcript.

    I am so thankful for your gifts, and may God bless you richly in whatever His plan is for you.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray Duane. Thank you for being a Godly example in my life; a mentor. I listened to the end of the "Going Home Show" today; teary eyed. There are SO many listeners who have been influenced by your example, devotionals and sense of humor. I will look forward to your blogs. God's blessings to you and your wife!!

    ReplyDelete