Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

Read the Book of Revelation! We Win!

205 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Ti 1:12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.” Paul, is not ashamed of being a follower of Jesus and he is not ashamed of his calling. He has a distinct advantage over many because of his face to face encounters with Jesus. He says here “I know whom I have believed,” and the word “know” here means to take in with one's eyes, it speaks of a personal encountering. He knows Jesus just like you know people in your circle of acquaintances. We are all familiar with his personal encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus that resulted in his conversion, but I also want to talk about Paul's encounter with Jesus when he was taken up to the third heaven....the very throne room of God! We read about it in 2Co 12:2-5, “I know a man in Christ (he's speaking about himself) who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows-- 4 how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. 5 Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities.” We aren't told what Paul witnessed in heaven, but I think we can get a clue if we read the throne vision in the Book of Revelation beginning in chapter 4. The bottom line of that vision is Christ wins! Christ has won! The Lamb of God is victorious! Paul saw the victory! And therefore was able to boast in his infirmities. He was able to handle all that came his way because he knew with certainty the end! And so he confidently states he knows that Jesus is able to keep what had been committed to Paul (the Gospel) to The Day! The Gospel will prevail! You and I likely won't get a glimpse of this victory in person right now, but we can get it through the Revelation of John. No wonder the Re 1:3 says, “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.” Are you experiencing trial? Infirmity? Tribulation? Read the Book of Revelation. You don't have to understand it all. All you need to garner from it is Christ wins! Persevere in Christ to the end and you win too!

No comments :

Post a Comment