Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Can I Get Me One of Them Ephods?

# 395 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 1Sa 30:7,8 “Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, "Please bring the ephod here to me." And Abiathar brought the ephod to David. 8 So David inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?" And He answered him, "Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all." (1 Sam 30:7,8) Where can I get me one of those ephods? Shall I pursue this job promotion? Should I continue this relationship? Will I get the new position? Should I purchase this property? This car? Will I be successful in this endeavor? Imagine having the answers to all these questions at your fingertips! Yes, a good working ephod would sure make life a lot easier. But why do I get the feeling that even with an ephod, I would still do what I want to do? Why do I get the feeling that there would be times that I would conveniently forget that it is available? Why do I get the feeling that when I'm afraid of what the ephod would say, I would just press on without it? People want easy answers. We want to know what the will of God is in every situation and we want to know it now! I remember a time when our church was showing a video series entitled “Knowing the Will of God.” The attendance at the first session was amazing....not so much the second week though. You see the teacher of the series took us to the Scriptures, specifically to Prov 3:5,6 which reads, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” It seems most people balked at the idea of submission being the path to revelation, and few people showed up for the next session. What a pity. The Lord delights to show us His will! He did not hide His will from Abraham concerning Sodom: Ge 18:17 And the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing?” What was Abraham's secret? He submitted to the Lord. Want an ephod? Submit to Jesus. He promises to give you the Holy Spirit who will guide you into all truth. Joh 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;” Father thank You for this promise, thank You for an ephod that lives inside us and is willing to speak to us through the truth of Your Word. Give us the willingness to submit to You and Your Word.

No comments :

Post a Comment