Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Secret To Reconciliation

# 366 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 26:17-19a, “Then Saul knew David's voice, and said, "Is that your voice, my son David?" And David said, "It is my voice, my lord, O king." 18 And he said, "Why does my lord thus pursue his servant? For what have I done, or what evil is in my hand? 19 "Now therefore, please, let my lord the king hear the words of his servant: If the LORD has stirred you up against me, let Him accept an offering. (1 Sam 26:17-19a) David has had enough of this rift between he and Saul, and so he proposes that he and Saul send up an offering to God. I'm guessing the offering would've been a guilt offering as outlined in Le 5:17,18, "If a person sins, and commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD, though he does not know it, yet he is guilty and shall bear his iniquity. 18 "And he shall bring to the priest a ram without blemish from the flock, with your valuation, as a trespass offering. So the priest shall make atonement for him regarding his ignorance in which he erred and did not know it, and it shall be forgiven him.” David was saying, “Look Saul, if you are after me because God has stirred you up for a sin I have committed, or riled you up because of some sin you have committed. Let's make a guilt offering (confess our guilt) to God and be done with this!” Friend, this is timeless advice from Scripture and mirrors Jesus admonition to seek reconciliation with our brothers and sisters in Christ. I shall ever remember the time when there was a rift between myself and the pastor of our church. Long story short, one evening through a God-orchestrated event, we found ourselves in church praying. In a matter of minutes we were both silently drawn to the altar, and there, kneeling before the cross we experienced the joy of tearful reconciliation. You see, when we met at the cross, we both realized that the ground was level. Neither one of us was better than the other and with this realization, we were able to press on through our differences. I hope this helps those who are struggling with reconciliation in a relationship. It set both of us free and kindled a love for each other that still burns deep today. Thank You Jesus for the cross of reconciliation.

No comments :

Post a Comment