Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

No Need To Wait For A Deliverer

# 113 – Today's Du-votional comes from 1Sa 9:16 "Tomorrow about this time I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him commander over My people Israel, that he may save My people from the hand of the Philistines; for I have looked upon My people, because their cry has come to me." 17 And when Samuel saw Saul, the LORD said to him, "There he is, the man of whom I spoke to you. This one shall reign over My people." 18 Then Saul drew near to Samuel in the gate, and said, "Please tell me, where is the seer's house?" 19 And Samuel answered Saul and said, "I am the seer. Go up before me to the high place, for you shall eat with me today; and tomorrow I will let you go and will tell you all that is in your heart. (1 Sam 9:16-19) Where have we heard of this crying out by the people before? It was a constant theme in the Book of Judges. The people would chase after other gods, God would judge them by giving them up to their folly, and when the oppression got to be too much, the people would cry out to God and he would raise up a leader, (a type of Christ) to deliver them. Same thing in Egypt as we read in Ex 3:9,10, "Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them. 10 "Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt." The Egyptians, Pharaoh, and the Philistines are all types of the mortal enemy of our soul, the devil and all his servants, (demons, the world, and our flesh) If we persist on giving in to them, God will also give us up to our folly. We reap what we sow. Ga 6:7,8 says, “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. There is one major difference between the cry of the Israelites and our cry today. The Israelites had to wait for God to raise up a deliverer, but our Deliverer has arrived and is only a humble prayer away. Jesus has defeated the devil through His perfect obedience, suffering, death, and resurrection. You don't have to live in bondage to the devil. Call on Jesus and be delivered!

No comments :

Post a Comment