Search This Blog

Friday, January 26, 2024

A Changed Perspective

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

I was reading the 73rd Psalm this morning and an old saying popped into my mind. I don’t know where it came from, but someone has rightly said, “This life is the only heaven that an unbeliever will know, conversely this life is the only hell a believer will know. “

It sounds flippant, but it’s very painful to ponder, especially when you consider the wayward loved ones in your life!

 

The psalmist spent most of the 73rd Psalm lamenting the good life of the unbeliever compared to the difficult times often experienced by the believer.

 

We pick it up in Ps 73:16, “When I thought how to understand this, It was too painful for me- 17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end.

 

One glimpse of the holiness of God (a visit to the sanctuary) and the psalmist understood the frightening end for the unbeliever, and that changed his perspective.

 

 

May it change ours as well. May it add a greater sense of urgency to our prayers and witnessing as we consider the end of those who reject Jesus.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment