Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Love Never Fails

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

It’s been awhile since my last blog, but I’ve been hospitalized with some medical issues, and now I’m back home and ready to go again!  I thank you for your prayers and continued patience.

 

The greatest proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit in an individual or a congregation is the expression of Holy Spirit directed love. But what does this love look like? Today we’ll continue to look at love as found in the love chapter of the Bible….1 Cor 13!

 

We pick it up in verse 8 where love never fails. The idea of failing here is to “drop away, specifically to drive off course.” Love is the north star of the Christian and it keeps us on course.

 

In the same vein, it is never inefficient.  Energy efficiency of our appliances and furnaces are a big deal these days, but as high as their efficiency rating may be, they are never 100%..., love is.

Keep loving, no matter what my brother and sister, it will keep you on course, walking the walk that pleases our heavenly Father and helping you to finish the race set before us without meandering off course.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment