Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2015

A Strong Tower

691 Today's Prime Time Devo comes from 2Sa 22:47-51, "The LORD lives! Blessed be my Rock! Let God be exalted, The Rock of my salvation! 48 It is God who avenges me, And subdues the peoples under me; 49 He delivers me from my enemies. You also lift me up above those who rise against me; You have delivered me from the violent man. 50 Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the Gentiles, And sing praises to Your name. 51 He is the tower of salvation to His king, And shows mercy to His anointed, To David and his descendants” (2 Sam 22:47-51) David wraps up His Song of Deliverance with unbounded praise! It just pours from his heart and lips. The Lord lives! The Hebrew word is Chay, and I like what the Zodhiates Study Bible says about the word. It is a word not associated with abstract principles, but rather a set of experiences. These experiences have been enumerated by David in this song! The Lord lives! I have experienced Him! I adore Him because He has proven Himself to be my Rock, my refuge, indeed my very salvation. I don't have to worry about taking revenge on anyone. God will take care of that. I don't have to worry about enemies rising up against me, God will take care of them in due season. I don't need to stoop down to the level of my enemies, God delivers me by raising me up above their level. He has delivered me from the violent man (the one who seeks to live apart from God) that violent man, not only without, but within! Therefore (because You have delivered me Lord) I will give thanks and sing of Your praise to those who do not yet know You (The unbelievers) For You are the pinnacle (the tower) of salvation, rising above every other attempt of man to obtain it! And You will show mercy to all who run to You. It is just as it says in Pr 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe. In this world of sin and death beloved, there is only one safe place to be, and that is in the arms of Jesus. He is your strong tower, far above anything else you may seek to rely on. Run to Him. Be delivered! Be safe!

No comments :

Post a Comment