Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hope For the Liar

565 - Today's Prime Time Devo comes from: 2Sa 16:3,4, “Then the king said, "And where is your master's son?" And Ziba said to the king, "Indeed he is staying in Jerusalem, for he said, 'Today the house of Israel will restore the kingdom of my father to me.'" 4 So the king said to Ziba, "Here, all that belongs to Mephibosheth is yours." And Ziba said, "I humbly bow before you, that I may find favor in your sight, my lord, O king!" (2 Sam 16:1-4) David asks Ziba and interseting question. “where is your master's son?” Note, he didn't ask, “Where is Mephibosheth?” He asks, “where is your master's son?” Mephibosheth was the son of David's beloved friend Jonathan. By invoking the name and memory of Jonathan, integrity enters the conversation. Honesty, truth, valor, loyalty and all the other character traits of Jonathan are brought to mind. And how does Ziba respond? With a lie. Do you realize that as a professing Christian, Jesus is your Master? Your actions and deeds ought to reflect His character. And just one aspect of His character is He does not lie! Nu 23:19 says, "God is not a man, that He should lie,” and Heb 6:18 states that “ it is impossible for God to lie,” and in Tit 1:2, we read, “ in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began,” We represent our Master and therefore we seek to tell the truth. The Apostle Paul was not afraid to make the connection between his relationship with Jesus his Master and telling the truth. In Ro 9:1, he said, “ I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit,” and in 2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.” and in Ga 1:20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.) There are many stern warnings about liars in Scripture. Ps 101:7 says, “ He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who tells lies shall not continue in my presence.” Is there any hope for the liar? Yes! Start believing this truth, “I am a lying sinner!” Then confess the sin and believe 1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments :

Post a Comment