Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Don't Be So Surprised

# 185 - Today's Du-votional comes from: 1Sa 14:17 Then Saul said to the people who were with him, "Now call the roll and see who has gone from us." And when they had called the roll, surprisingly, Jonathan and his armorbearer were not there. Saul decides to see if it was someone from his troops who caused such panic among the Philistines, so he musters up the troops to see if anyone is missing. To the surprise of every one, ONLY Jonathan and his armorbearer are missing. Just two men were able to set off such a disturbance against the enemy? Are you kidding me? No, We are not kidding you. Remember we have said before that Jonathan like David was a man after God's own heart. He understood the chain of command, by that I mean he recognized God as His commander and chief and was willing to follow His orders no matter what. He knew with God, nothing is impossible David explains this faith of a warrior in Ps 18:29-40, “For by You I can run against a troop, By my God I can leap over a wall. 30 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. 31 For who is God, except the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? 32 It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect. 33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places. 34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. 35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great. 36 You enlarged my path under me, So my feet did not slip. 37 I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed. 38 I have wounded them, So that they could not rise; They have fallen under my feet. 39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me. 40 You have also given me the necks of my enemies, So that I destroyed those who hated me. This was Jonathan and David's creed and it is a picture of the victories that await you and I over our SPIRITUAL enemies. The devil and his demons are out to get us through the world and our flesh, but in Christ we are more than conquerors. Trust God, let Him subdue your enemies and live in peace.

No comments :

Post a Comment