Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2024

Come To Jesus Day 13 But I Am Not Worthy

 

I’m Duane Matz and welcome to Today’s Living Word.

 

Come To Jesus day 13: “But I Am Not worthy and Cannot Come Aright!  Thoughts prompted from the Neuman Hall Devotional booklet “Come To Jesus”  published in 1848!

 

Remember, salvation is a gift, not a reward. Think about it. The Apostle Paul, a murderer and persecutor, Peter, the denier, and John the prestige coveter, none of these beloved apostles were worthy, yet Jesus called.

 

Jesus knows of the filthy rags that cover you and I, but on account of these very things He beckons you and I to come.  How unreasonable for us to say we are unworthy to come. That’s like saying one is too hungry to eat! Your very unworthiness is perhaps your best qualification to come because Jesus did not come for the righteous, but for the sinner!

 

Oh, you say, but I do not repent enough! That is most certainly true for all of us. We never will “repent enough” for penitence, like all other GRACES is ever growing in the child of God and no one’s penitence can ever equal his sins.

 

But we are not saved because we repent enough, we are saved because Jesus died for us!

 

You say, but I don’t love enough, you never will until you get to heaven, but we aren’t saved by the strength of our love, rather we are saved by the strength of His love for us!  

 

But I have not enough faith, again this is true, and so we pray, I believe, help my unbelief, knowing that He will not snuff out a smoldering wick of God-given faith.

 

None of us have a full measure of godly sorrow over our sin, none of us are perfect in our love of God and others, none of us have a cup filled with faith. But this is all the more reason to come to Jesus, and humbly ask Him to fill our cup with these heavenly blessings. Faith, love, and repentance.

 

I’m Duane Matz and that’s Today’s Living Word

No comments :

Post a Comment